Christians for the past 2000 years have believed Jesus was and is God. The Bible clearly teaches this in passages like John 20:28, 2 Peter 1:1, and Hebrews 1:8. And the early church fathers affirmed this as well. The articles, audio teachings, and books below answer the common objections and questions raised by those who object to this historic Christian doctrine.
"Answers to the Cults' Attacks on Jesus' Deity" by Charlie Campbell
"20 Reasons Christians Believe Jesus is God" (or in Spanish) by Charlie Campbell. Trifold Version: Cover, Inside
"Concise Answers to Atheists' Objections to Jesus" by Charlie Campbell
"Jesus as God in the Second Century" by Paul Hartog
"The Biblical Basis for the Doctrine of the Trinity" by Robert Bowman
"The Trinity: A Case Study in Implicit Truth" by Ron Rhodes
"The Uniqueness of Christ" by Dr. Norman Geisler
ANSWERS TO THE CULTS' ATTACKS ON JESUS (DVD) by Charlie Campbell
Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims and others say Jesus was merely a human prophet, an angel, or some other created being. And they claim to have support for their views in the Bible. Christians believe Jesus was and is the eternal God, the second person in the Trinity, equal in nature with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. Who is right? In this DVD, Charlie Campbell, a Christian apologist, interacts with a formidable Scripture-wielding Jehovah’s Witness (well, a pretend one) in a verse-by-verse examination of the most popular proof texts used to deny the deity of Christ. By answering each of the man’s misunderstandings and mistaken interpretations, Charlie demonstrates that the traditional, historic understanding of Jesus’ deity is the Biblical view. Length: 55 minutes.
ANSWERS TO ATHEISTS' ATTACKS ON JESUS (DVD) by Charlie Campbell
When it comes to Jesus, atheists commonly say:
• There’s no credible evidence Jesus existed
• The authors of the Gospels stole their ideas for Jesus’ life from other ancient religions
• The earliest Christians didn’t believe Jesus was God
• The Gospels contradict one another
• There are scientific errors in the Gospels
• The “Gospel of Thomas” and the “Gospel of Judas” give us a more accurate understanding of who Jesus was
• Accounts of Jesus’ miracles are fabrications
Charlie Campbell, an author and Christian apologist, responds to these charges and lays out a compelling case that Jesus really did exist and the Gospels are trustworthy accounts of His life (52 minutes).
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: An Examination of the Unbiblical Teachings of the Watchtower Society (DVD) by Charlie Campbell
Where, when, and how did the Watchtower Society, popularly known as “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” come into being? What do Jehovah’s Witnesses teach and how do their teachings line up with the Bible? How can Christians best reach out to Jehovah’s Witnesses on their doorsteps? Charlie Campbell answers these questions and others in an hour long teaching at Calvary Chapel South Bay in southern California. DVD length: 60 minutes. This new edition contains many of the images that Charlie uses in his PowerPoint presentation.
MORMONISM: An Overview of the Origin and Teachings of the Mormon Church (DVD) by Charlie Campbell
- Where, when and how did Mormonism begin?
- Who was Joseph Smith?
- What do Mormons believe about God? Jesus? Mankind? Salvation and the afterlife?
- Is Mormonism in harmony with true Biblical Christianity?
- Is the Book of Mormon a trustworthy, authentic revelation from God?
- If not, why not?
- How can Christians be more effective sharing the truth with Mormons?