Some critics of the Bible suggest that we can't know the real truth about Jesus because the early Christians purposely left other gospels out of the New Testament that give us a fuller picture of who Jesus was. They point to the discovery of writings known as the "Gospel of Thomas," "The Gospel of Judas," and "The Gospel of Mary Magdalene" as examples. What are we to think about these allegations and other writings? Were these "gospels" purposely left out of the Bible? If so, why? Were they really written by the disciples they were named after? When were these other writings composed? The resources below answer these and related questions.
"Did the Early Christians Leave Other Gospels Out of the New Testament?" by Charlie Campbell
"A Brief Overview of the Gospel of Judas" by Pat Zukeran
"Responding to the Gospel of Judas" by R. Albert Mohler Jr.
"Has the Text of the Bible Been Accurately Preserved?" (or in Spanish) by Charlie Campbell
"Nag Hammadi Gospels" by Dr. Norman Geisler
"What is the Gospel of Thomas?" by Dr. Norman Geisler
"Should Additional Gospels Have Been Included in Our Bibles?" by John Ankerberg Ministry
"Gnosticism and the Gnostic Jesus" by Douglas Groothius
"The Gospel of Barnabas: Is it Authentic?" by Norman Geisler and Abdul Saleeb
"Jude 14 Quotes The Book of Enoch. Is It Scripture?" by Matthew Slick
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES IN OUR ONLINE STORE:
ANSWERS TO ATHEISTS' ATTACKS ON JESUS
(DVD) by Charlie Campbell
When it comes to Jesus, atheists commonly say:
• There’s no credible evidence Jesus existed
• The authors of the Gospels stole their ideas for Jesus’ life from other ancient religions
• The earliest Christians didn’t believe Jesus was God
• The Gospels contradict one another
• There are scientific errors in the Gospels
• The “Gospel of Thomas” and the “Gospel of Judas” give us a more accurate understanding of who Jesus was
• Accounts of Jesus’ miracles are fabrications
Charlie Campbell, an author and Christian apologist, responds to these charges and lays out a compelling case that Jesus really did exist and the Gospels are trustworthy accounts of His life (52 minutes).
SCROLLS & STONES: Compelling Evidence the Bible Can Be Trusted
(Book) by Charlie Campbell
Can we trust the Bible? Isn’t the Bible just “ancient ﬁction” written by fallible, perhaps even deceitful men? Haven’t books of the Bible been lost and even tampered with down through the centuries? Isn’t the Bible out-of- sync with scientiﬁc discoveries? What about the apparent contradictions in the Bible? What makes the Bible any different than the Hindu Vedas, Quran, or Book of Mormon? Charlie Campbell has been researching answers to questions like these for nearly twenty-five years. It was his initial research that led him to become a follower of Jesus in 1990. In Scrolls & Stones he shares some of the evidence that changed his mind back then but also fascinating new discoveries...all confirming the reliability of the Bible. You’ll learn about:
• Extrabiblical Historical Sources that Verify Biblical Events
• Scientific Discoveries
• Archaeological Evidence
• Fulfilled Prophecies
• Ancient Scrolls and Manuscripts
• Answers to Skeptics’ Objections and Questions
• And more!
From college classrooms to bestselling books to the Internet, the historic picture of Jesus is under an intellectual onslaught. This fierce attack on the traditional portrait of Christ has confused spiritual seekers and created doubt among many Christians – but can these radical new claims and revisionist theories stand up to sober scrutiny?In The Case for the Real Jesus, Lee Strobel explores such hot-button questions as:
• Did the church suppress ancient non-biblical documents that paint a more accurate picture of Jesus than the four Gospels?
• Did Christianity steal its core ideas from earlier mythology?
• Did the church distort the truth about Jesus by tampering with early New Testament texts?
• Do new insights and explanations finally disprove the resurrection?
• Have fresh arguments disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah?
Hardcover, 320 pages.